Sunday, April 13, 2014

Entertaining thoughts about a road trip...

Feeling the desire to travel these days.  There are no plans to skedaddle anywhere soon so I've been looking at old travel photos instead.  You might guess from the images below that I am drawn to water -- oceans, rivers, lakes and creeks.  There is something pacifying about a sea breeze, soothing about water rushing over rocks in a river, calming about the repetitive sound of small waves on a lake.  I just might find myself walking along the Yellowstone later today or tomorrow to reconcile my desire to hit the road.  


Pismo Beach, California


The view from Ecola State Park, Oregon

Waterfall on the island of Kauai

Sunset on the Pacific in Florence, Oregon
Waterfall in Arthur's Pass National Park, New Zealand

The Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand
Muckross Lake, Killarney National Park, Ireland
“Life in us is like the water in a river.” -- Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment