Friday, January 23, 2015

A few new pairs of earrings

Somehow I managed to score a long weekend last week, and boy did I have plans!  I was going to catch up on paperwork, get some necessary shopping done, deep clean and rearrange my creative space, wash lots of laundry, do some baking and hopefully squeeze in some Netflix viewing.  What is it they say about best laid plans?!

On my first day off, I only managed to make a few pairs of earrings and leave a tremendous mess on my desk!  Well, I also squeezed in time for a blog post.  And I finished a novel.  And we watched Belle, a rather stirring period drama based on a true story.  Lots of beautiful people and gorgeous clothing in addition to an interesting story.  (Here's a link to the trailer, in case you're interested: Belle.)   

first pair of earrings:
Dusty rose peanut beads (Let's Bead), coral Czech glass rounds, faceted red aventurine stones (Fire Mt. Gems), polymer clay discs (Joni's Touch of Art) and carved garnet rounds.  The garnet rounds came from a friend who bought them while living in Japan.
second pair of earrings:
All of the beads, except for the seed beads, were bought from a flea market vendor.  I wish I knew the woman's name and whether or not she still sells vintage beads!  The thin gold-toned bead caps are from broken rosaries.  I don't wear yellow often, but these might make a cheerful addition to any outfit, especially come spring and summer.  The china is from my aunt who gifted me a cup & saucer for Christmas.

This weekend I plan to explore a bit of Hudson, NY with friends and spend time with family as my great nephew is about to turn three. I think there is a round of Ants in the Pants in my future.


Hope you have a great end to your week no matter where you are or what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment