Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Bead Hoarders Blog Hop

Lori Anderson is again hosting a Bead Soup Blog Hop, this time a bead hoarders edition!  Lori is the absolute best at bringing bead lovers together to share their stash and exhibit their designs.  This will be the third time that I've participated in one of her blog hops, and I'm very much looking forward to diving into what my bead partner sent to me.  

The main rule was to choose a special bead - a piece I had kept for a long time, something that had special meaning to me - and send it to my partner once Lori matched up the participants.  I immediately knew what I would send and put it aside days before knowing who my swap buddy would be.  I added a little bit here and a little bit there, ultimately sending her several little baggies of beads, findings, and a beautiful enameled pendant from C-Koop Beads.

Without further ado, let me introduce you to my bead partner:  Danielle Kelley, writer of the blog Imbue The Muse.  She, too, has participated in Lori's blog hops in the past.  Below are photos of what she sent from her home in western New York.  Stay tuned to her blog to see what I mailed from my little corner of Utah.

the wrapping around the box is actually a necklace made with Russian amber
 

Danielle made these polymer beads herself.  They are so colorful and lightweight.  I've got plenty of ideas on how to use these beauties.
a hand carved elephant bead from Let's Bead, a fabulous store in Rochester, NY
Here is the hoarded bead - a gorgeous piece of agatized coral.  Stunning, isn't it?
Last, but not least - a wee bowl of Goldstone beads.  These were special to Danielle as they came from her Nana.  Everything she sent had me immediately inspired! 
Reveal day is March 25th.  Do come back to see the jewelry pieces that come out of this generous bead soup as well as those from the more than 160 other folks who signed up to take part in Lori's hop.  I am very excited to view the immense creativity that will be on show.  I always walk away from these hops inspired and awed. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly! The beads look like they belong with you :~) I am glad they are finally home.

    ReplyDelete