Friday, October 2, 2015

Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit

 
On the first of every month, I try to remember upon waking to say "rabbit, rabbit, rabbit" before anything else.  It's thought to be an old English tradition meant to generate good luck for the entire month.  Yesterday I remembered, as I do most months.  It's become a sort of challenge to myself - if I say it, reminding myself the day before worked.  My memory hasn't been completely ruined by two winters at the South Pole.  Thank goodness!  

This morning I realized that I've never looked back at the end of a month and wondered if it was actually lucky.  I mean, what is luck anyway?  

I googled the definition.  Here's what I got:

success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions

Is luck a superstition or do I really believe in it?  I'm not entirely sure, but maybe come Halloween, I'll take a moment to look back and see if the good things in my life this October happened by chance or by my own hand.  I'll try to be objective.  

Meanwhile, here are some photos from my weekend.  A nice walk and a lovely drive through the Tetons.  Could fall be a more beautiful season?








No comments:

Post a Comment