Saturday, September 5, 2015

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.....

Well it hasn't snowed at Old Faithful yet....but it sure feels as though it could any day.  Cloudy skies, some rain, temps getting below freezing at night.  I'm no meteorologist, but I think we may see some of the white stuff before September is over.  

I like the cool weather and the damp evenings and the foggy ride to breakfast in the morning.  I like that the elk are beginning their rut.  I like that autumnal colors have been showing up gradually for some weeks now.  And I'm really looking  forward to the cottonwood and aspen leaves going from green to yellows and reds and browns.  Isn't fall a lovely time of year?  Makes me want to bake and go to Farr's in Ogden, Utah for pumpkin ice cream!  

Here are some photos from my last weekend.  Last light in the Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone, a view from the summit of Bunsen Peak near Mammoth Hot Springs, and the bottom of Gibbon Falls.  A lovely couple of days off indeed.


I've posted photos of this view before but not with this type of light. 

I love when the angle of the sun highlights the insects buzzing around.

Electric Peak, Sepulcher Mountain and Terrace Mountain below them.  It was a very, very windy day.  My friend Sheri and I had to brace ourselves against the gusts, but it sure was worth the view.

bottom cascades of Gibbon Falls


No comments:

Post a Comment