Saturday, May 17, 2014

THANK YOU!

I started this blog in February to participate in Lori's Bead Soup Blog Party and to put my voice out there in the internet universe.  I was scared to do this.  More than anything, I was afraid to post about the things I make.  I wrote about travel and nature, not my jewelry.  Then along came the reveal day for the 8th Bead Soup Blog Party, and as soon as the comments started rolling in, I felt myself letting go of some fear.  (Namely, the "I'm not good enough" fear.)  What was it about mostly strangers sending wonderful messages full of kind words that turned my thinking around?  They are my peers - they make jewelry too.  They make beautiful, creative things AND they bothered to tell me that I have talent, that I have a good eye for color, that I make gorgeous things.  It has been an incredible and humbling experience to read these comments.  While I know that I have to believe in myself (as we all should), boy is it nice to have other women artists provide reassurance!

So, THANK YOU to everyone who has commented on my jewelry.  THANK YOU to ever single person who took the time to visit, peruse and give an opinion or ask a question.  I believe that Lori Anderson is an inspiration to so many of us, and I am so grateful to her for creating a forum to both show off our creativity and support one another.  This blog hop is a haven of wonderful.  It really is.





Please enjoy the roses.  
These photos were taken last June at the Volksgarten in Vienna, Austria.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you stepped out here to participate. Lori's parties are the BEST! I have met so many amazing people along the way from the BSBP. Don't be afraid. People love it when you connect with them. Share about your life, your passion, your process. We love to get to know you :) What gorgeous photos! I bet it doesn't even do them justice being able to witness such beauty in person ;) xo Genea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Genea, you are exactly what I wrote about - a supportive fellow jewelry artist! Thanks so much for continued encouragement. I know it feels good to write about my life and post photos as well. So why not embrace the entire process, continue to put myself out there & make some new friends? Isn't that a general life lesson? Marianne Williamson was spot on when she wrote "...as we let our own light shine,we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others." Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete